1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 F150 w/blizzard 760lt

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PPS. inc, Oct 9, 2009.

1. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

Just getting in to the business. I have been cutting res lawns (about 70) for 5 yrs. now and get asked many times at the end of the season about snow removal. Just bought a house and will be around my customer base full time. I have a extened cab 08 f150. I know I have a gas station and 5 homes right now. I found a blizzard plow ( last yrs model) for $3700 installed out the door. Next yr I am going to trade the 150 for a new 250 but do to the new house cant do it now. What do you guys think about the 150 with the blazzrd 750 lt? I am hoping for a total of 20 homes with the station.
    Thanks fellas,
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

light duty stuff always does a great job if it is used and maintained properly, nearly anything new will last a season as long as you arent trying to kill it. You'll be fine.
  3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

You will be impressed with what it will do, just dont hammer the p**s out of the truck. I am seeing alot more new 1/2 tons with mounts on them. They are building plows that the trucks can handle just make sure you do your PMs on the truck. I love my F 150.
  4. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

My F150 plows just fine with a 7.5 ft blade. Just remember its a truck, not a tank, lol!!
  5. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

PMs = preventitive maintenace?
  6. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

yes thats what it means