1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 f150 uni-mount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 86f350, Feb 16, 2010.

1. 86f350

86f350 Member

I have a clean 7'6" uni-mount. Does western make a mount for my 08 that will work. I know i will probably at least need the ultra to uni adaptor. All there website is saying is the use the HTS. But i have the uni set up and dont really want to shell out the cash. Also any idea on the weight difference betweem the HTS and the 7'6" uni? Thanks

2. maxximus98

maxximus98 Member

I have an 08 silverado. I had to do the ultra- uni-mount upgrade. as far as I know western is not making uni-mount setups any more!

3. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

i just did that with my 2004 f150! you have to buy the ultra mount brackets #3239 and then the unimount conversion bracket #27170. for the wiring harness i reused the truck harness that came with the plow. everyone will say that you nned to buy the 2-plug isolation harness ($600). big waste of money if you ask me. if your good with wiring i can give you diagrams to wire them in. i wired the harness into the truck

4. 86f350

86f350 Member

ya diagrams would be great. How do you like the set up? Are you running timbrens or any other things? Thanks

5. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

nothing but weight in the bed, its the first season so im still working issues out. ill send the plow diags first then pics when i pop the LH headlight out to make it compatible with my unimount thats the drl style. leaves the one head light one, but both go out on the other its weird lol

6. 86f350

86f350 Member

sounds good. Thanks

7. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

The adapter for the mount will certainly work, but it looks like a lot of extra hardware, and I've heard it can reduce your ground clearance.
    [​IMG]
    I feel like you'd almost be better off getting the regular ultramount for the truck and then getting a welder to attach the unimount mounting part from your old truck to that for a more permanent setup.

-Jer

8. 86f350

86f350 Member

Thats what i was thinking. My dad has the adaptor and its big and bulky and definetly has less ground clearance. I might just have to fire up the welder and make it myself. Thanks

9. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

even if you do that, you still need to maintain a 9.5 to 10.5 inch ground clearance, so the point i moot

10. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

I'm sure some people would be interested in how this comes out, make sure to document the process and post some pictures on this thread!

-Jer

11. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

here's some of the basics i took while i buttoned up my wiring for my unimount.... DSCN1893.jpg
    This is how i wired in to the head lights
    DSCN1892.jpg
    here's the low/high beam relays coming from the harnes. (headlights not plugged in yet)
    DSCN1894.jpg
    here's the marker light and turn signal wires
    DSCN1895.jpg
    this is the plow relays and the additional relays to give the headlights full battery voltage
    DSCN1896.jpg
    power and ground for the additional relays (10 amp fuse)

DSCN1893.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1894.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

DSCN1896.jpg

12. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

DSCN1897.jpg
    overview of wiring behind the headlights
    DSCN1898.jpg
    motor relay with relay power

i have more pics in the camera....