1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 f150 5.4 spark plugs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by randomb0b123, Jan 24, 2013.

1. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i have to do spark plugs on this truck. is this still one of the fordtastic spark plug breaking years?

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I believe so. I know 07s do.

3. randomb0b123

from america

great built ford tough awesome fantastic trucks except not at all ughh

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Some early 08's had the older design heads as I recall, but later ones had an improved design. Fear not though because Ford Techs have discovered several ways to easily remove the plugs from even the problem motors. The plug change is no longer the disaster it was when folks first started to try to change them. Check with your local Ford dealer and see what they say. You may be pleasantly surprised.

5. randomb0b123

from america

truck was a very early 08 actually built 9-07 :realmad: only 1 plug broke and the extractor tool removed it pretty easily

6. Malibu496

Malibu496 Junior Member

If the coils have brown boots the plugs are the new design, black boots are the old ones that break off.

7. randomb0b123

from america

i now know that