1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'08 Extreme V is better than '15 XV2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by M&M, Jan 4, 2016.

1. M&M

M&M Senior Member

The two trucks in my signature are both on the road plowing this year. I was able to plow with the new truck for one storm so far. I'm pretty sure I like the older plow for one main reason.

With even a relatively small snow load infront of the xv2 I was not able use the left and right angle button like I could in the old plow. I need to use the individual wing buttons to make those adjustments. Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure I'll get good at it but it's a bit of pain in the butt as you need to push 2 buttons instead of 1 for the same adjustment. My buddy told me has the same problem. Is there any way to adjust this?

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Pretty sure the hydraulic packs are the same. Might be a matter of just resetting the reliefs?

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah I have the problem, although it seems to angle left easier than right if there is a load in front of it as well.

I also noticed that backdragging you can't angle at all, it must have a pressure relief that folds the wings forward which s*cks. My old snowdogg I'd start backdragging then pull the wings in (towards the truck) to try and contain the snow before I lifted the plow. I was pretty annoyed when I realized the Fisher couldn't do it.

4. M&M

M&M Senior Member

It's just kind of sad that the old one works perfectly fine under a load but the new one doesn't have enough "bag" to get it done. Shouldn't have things improved over the last 7 years? Or at least stayed the same?

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

On OP, I have never seen that, agree with gtmustang, the power packs have the same part #, I think some of your reliefs are out of whack.

To Plowguy43, has to do with the way the internal valves/solenoids are setup in the pack, no easy way to change, just need to set it before dropping. You'd have to look at the hydro chart to see if hitting "up" to cancel the float but with enough slack in chain to keep blade on the ground would alleviate your issue.

I'd be happy if they put the XV2 pin on the XV, but I do like the way snow rolls off the XV2 better than the XV. I think the 'value' is in that angle, and the height of the edges is really just a factor of that.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Second that...I don't have that issue.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I drop in straight mode, and hold the V button as I back up, works mint for me, holds the snow in it's place...and even gives a better scrape on those longer runs. If you try to do it one wing at a time by tap and release...forget it, the wings go in limp dick mode and it's game over. Just hold down the wing of choice, or preferably the V button and it'll do what you want.... Same if you drop on an angle...curve scenario, simply press and hold the outward wing and it'll pull it back and hold in place.

8. Limp Dick Mode....you kill me Ryan!

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup that's what I do, drop it straight and as I'm backing up I push the V button and the wings just fold forward. If I don't touch anything, it stays straight just fine but touch anything and they fold forward.

That on top of the left wing being slower going into scoop is also another annoyance.

10. RWS81

RWS81 Junior Member

I hold the v button as well works great.

Don't know why they didn't come with any slots to adjust the two center edges.