1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 duramax dooley crew to plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Team_Arctic, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I found a killer deal on an 08 duramax with less then 20,000 miles.. I have been looking at replacing my 03 for a while now. I currently have an 03 extended cab short box (6.6') the truck i found is a crew cab long box dooley... Does anyone plow with a rig like this? Do you find it hard to turn around? its about 2 and a half feet longer then my extended cab. total length is 259 inches per chevys website. my fear is once i put a blade on the front and a salter if i decide to on the back it will be like plowing with a small bus....
  2. Pullin&Plowin

Pullin&Plowin Junior Member
    from SE WI

I plow with an extended cab dually, it has wide tires 285/75/16 and even with a 9 foot straight blade it is hard not to run over snow especially when plowing curved drives! I will also say that the truck is like a bulldozer in a big lot it can not be beat!
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

the only problem is chevy diesel + crewcab is not listed to put 8.5 or 9' plow on because of the weight of the diesel motor
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Don't let that bother you. I have 9' plows on my d-maxes. I have for years... they don't mind the abuse. Look at the GVRW as a suggestion... kinda like waiting to get laid till your married. :D
  5. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

They are great for big lots, however, I'd much rather plow with a single rear wheel. The dually's really seem to lack traction. On the hand, if you're running a large salter it would be a plus. It would be a nightmare to use it on residential drives. Why is it so cheap?
  6. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I have also had diesel /plows.... the weight does not bother me at all.... the truck is in the wrong market... big city dealer should not have a huge truck like that... other then that there is nothing wrong with it. the truck is loaded to the gills with every option except the flip down dvd it is a pretty sweet ride I am just a little nervous about the length I have several other 1 ton dooleys but they are all reg cab with 8' dump box trucks