1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 diesel 3500 steering prob

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by yamivmax, Jun 11, 2011.

1. yamivmax

yamivmax Junior Member

just started acting up 3 days ago when turning it acts like its in 4 wd. jumping. Help

2. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

What truck do you have? Is the 4x4 still engaged? Jack up the rear axle and see if it drives off.

3. yamivmax

yamivmax Junior Member

Yes 4x4 duel wheel diesel. i plowed for the last two years.no probs. ill try that.it does feel like it turns while in 4wd.just engaged 4w low. felt like it almost would not roll let alone turn. thanks

4. yamivmax

yamivmax Junior Member

sorry misread question.Its in 2 wd. acts like 4wd when turning.put into 4wd ,felt like it almost would not move,

5. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

I can hardly understand you, but what I meant was is it a ford, dodge, chevy etc.

6. jmorgan71587

jmorgan71587 Junior Member
    from pa

frontaxel u joint the one right behind the right or left wheel get under and turn front driveshaft and watch them you shouldnt have any movement

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Had the same problem on a 2005 F350....drive straight no problem and try to turn and I'd get a horrible wobbling of the steering wheel if I was moving......Turns out that the Ujoint on the left front was frozen solid with rust....

Good Luck!