1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 crewcab duramax plow suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by shiznackj_89, Sep 18, 2008.

1. shiznackj_89

shiznackj_89 Junior Member

So i'm new to plowing with my truck. I just got this 2008 gmc sierra crew cab 4x4 duramax. I want to put a vblade on it. No plow manufacture recommends this. If i do put it on what do you guys recommend I do to beef up the truck? Its a pretty big truck I imagine it can push some snow. What plow is the best for this application and does anyone else have this truck with a plow on it how does that work? I appreciate your expertise for a newbie like myself. Thanks

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

2500/3500? Long box/short box? Dually or single rear wheel?

3. shiznackj_89

shiznackj_89 Junior Member

reg box 6.5 foot. 2500 single wheel

4. JohnnyRoyale

You could put whatever v blade you want on that truck without any problems. Stick to a reputable brand whatever a local reputable dealer carries in your area.

5. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

They're the same with ext cab. They think you could have an extra 8-900lbs with the people that COULD be sitting there with you. Put on any V any you'll be set.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I've had a 9'2 Boss V on my 02 diesel since new and no problems.The best thing to do is take it off when your not plowing.

7. JohnnyRoyale

Actually, let me retract my reply, and replace with;

Scrap that junky GM, and get yourself a real truck-Built Ford Tough!

8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

If he did that, he wouldn't have any money for a plow cause he'd be spending it all on repairs.... :eek:

9. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

youll be fine just put about 1000 lbs of ballast behind the rear wheels and youll be set. You could also look into a set of timbrens for the front if you are worried:salute:

10. JohnnyRoyale

Here we go...:dizzy:

11. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep just head gaskets and oil changes on those fords.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You started it. LOL

13. JohnnyRoyale

I dont want to start a Ford/GM/Dodge debate, cuz its probably been done and killed already. I was only kidding about the GM thing. I have had all three and still have GM and Ford in our fleet. My best trucks have all been Fords-thats all.

14. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

No problem. I loved my 7.3. Just got a new to me, d max though. No way could I bring myself to buy A newer power stroke. Glad to hear ur kidding though.:drinkup:

15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

giong to see if we can get this going again

wouldnt it be counterweight? LOL

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That is pretty funny. LOL

17. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I've had a Boss Poly V plow on both of my Duramax crew cabs with no problems whatsoever.