1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 chevy

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bigb40319, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

cant find a good spot to put strobes in the lights we have them in the directionals on the older trucks but cant find any where on these anyone who has done it please some input

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

in the fronts i would not they are too costly go with LEDS in the grill

3. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

thanks if u guys also have any pics it would be awesome to see them

4. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I think you best bet would be some grill lights, like the sound off ghost or led3, or if you like you could go with an upper windshield bar. like the ultralite. You cant go wrong either way. The lights on the newer chevys have clear lens with amber bulbs for the turns right and parking right? so an amber led or strobe tube just wont fill the light quite right. Let us know what you go with.

5. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

have mine in the headlights, reverse lights and the cargos

6. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I took the top turn signal out, and the strobe perfectly fits in there, sillyconed it up and its been fine. I don't miss the other turn signal. I would take some pictures, but my headlight is covered in road salt and grime. I'll wash the truck and take a picture.
    Rear, I have them drilled right in the housing. found a pic...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I did a install on a 2010 silverado I believe it was and for the front I drilled a 1 1/2 inch hole thru the outter part of the lens then I drilled the 1 inch hole in the actual len for the parking light. In the back I drilled a hole on the top of the break lights. Just be careful in the back and front that you place the lights in the proper spot so the factory bulb doesn't touch the strobe tube.

8. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

9. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats where I put the ones on MDSP's truck.