1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 chevy western plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by george 2500, Nov 17, 2008.

1. george 2500

george 2500 Junior Member
    from NJ

i have an 08 chevy 2500 hd , i am installing the western plow and harness from my o4 chevy and the headlight plug is different. the 08 has different connectors, any body have any suggestions on which plugs to buy or any other way to get the lights to work properly. the isolation module has 4 plugs to control headlights ... please help
  2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

You will need to contact the dealer and get the correct headlight harnesses.
  3. AKvsAR

AKvsAR Junior Member

I had the same problem, I bought a used Western Plow and the harness was for a 99-01 Chevy, and I have an 02. Managed to kill my DRL's in the process.

I just hooked up a 3 way switch to the headlights, and everything else stays the same.

Just a heads up, if you are not good with wiring diagrams, this may not be for you.

The only difference is your truck headlights stay on all the time, which I actually like.