1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 chevy mm2 truckside mount question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oh8chevy2500, Dec 8, 2008.

1. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

hey new to the forums here I have a 08 chevy 2500hd with a 8'hd MM2 on it.. i'm havin a problem in which the plow's frame is rubbing and scoring/wearing the lower bumper valance and destroyed my front plate...Has anyone seen this concern before? Does fisher make a different set of pushplates for my truck that dont sit back so far?? thanks all any advise would help

2. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

is your bumper "notched"?

According to Fisher's e-match system, your truck requires bumper notching. I'm not sure what that means, but I bet it has something to do with your problem.

See attached pic.

082500hd_ematch.JPG

3. oh8chevy2500

yea its notched complete dealer install on this truck..i think im gonna have to chew some service guys as* out to get my valance replaced but i want to make sure it doesnt happen again

4. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

got a pic of the damage you're talking ab out?

5. oh8chevy2500

no .... plow's still on now had to deal with it hittin rubbing and after putting balast in the bed the plow completely riding on the shoes saturday night ... i was too aggrivated to try and take a pic of it..

6. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I'm guessing it's hitting between the push plates? Not sure what it's called, but the bar that is over the spring where you adjust the A frame is hitting, right? Mine hits there, MM1 on an 06 Sierra 1500. It crumpled the valance a little, but I don't worry about it.

7. oh8chevy2500

brand new truck and $55 ticket for no front plate on a commercial truck is a killer and yes the bar on the rear of the a arm between the pushplates is what is hitting

8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Maybe they put the wrong push plates on??????

9. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

From what I could see on the Fisher site, the MM1 and MM2 headgear and A frame is a little different. On mine, it's where the jack support goes over the spring. The MM2 didn't look like it had that. Here is the MM1.
    http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/6421_080197.pdf

10. oh8chevy2500

the push plates are the correct ones... the answer i got from the fisher dealer is that chevy/gmc is using the same frame as the classic body styles on the nbs and the bumper is visually and actually physically bigger than before and was told jus to deal with it

11. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I have the same problem on our 08 GMC. I had to notch the valance about 4 inches higher above the whole width of the plow. In addition, I have to remove my plate an mount, and put it on the frame if I want to stay legal. Theres nothing that can be done, the plates can't be manufactured to be any lower, because if they did, the plates would be dragging on the ground. As it is the plates barely clear curbs in parking spaces on ours, and its a 3500.

12. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You guys can thank GM for this one (Gee i wonder why they are going broke). Many times the manufactures make changes that the upfitters dont know anything about until the trucks start showing up at equipment installers and the upfitters start getting calls asking why their stuff doesnt work or fit right.

13. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The valance needs to be pulled back a little and the plate holder has to be removed and the plate attached directly to the valance. GM trucks have very little carrying capacity and the only way to put plows on these things is to keep the plow as close to the truck as possible to keep the center of gravity closer to the truck.

14. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Brian,

Do you mean the 1500 or the 2500HD GM trucks do not ave much carrying capacity? And can you elaborate for me?

Thanks,
    beatle78