1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 Chevy HD to 08 Ford Superduty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by generalee31184, Jan 2, 2009.

1. generalee31184

generalee31184 Junior Member

I am looking at trading my chevy 2500 in for a new ford superduty diesel. I just installed a 8 ft boss on the chevy. What will it take to switch over to the ford? Just the frame mount and headlight harness right? Any idea how much $$$ this will cost?
  2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I know a new mount is $550 ish, and not sure on the headlight adaptors....maybe 100?
  3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

why are you getting rid of the chevy?
  4. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

I might have a headlight adapter that will work with that new Ford. just give me a little more info on the truck. and ill call Boss monday mornin to see if it will work for you. if it does and you want it. You can have it for shipping and a cold sixpack.
  5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

This is a bit off topic, but as a friend you haven't met yet I'd like to give you my 2 cents...

Unless you use the truck to do a lot of heavy towing for long distances, I wouldn't buy a new diesel from anybody right now. The new flame-thrower exhaust systems are causing a lot of problems and the fuel consumption ends up being about the same as a gasoline truck because of the DPF regen cycles sucking a lot of fuel. You can disable them and get much better mileage, but it kills your warranty. This is true for Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The gas motors are way cheaper and fully capable of doing the job. They weigh less and cost less to work on after the warranty expires too. I fully understand of you just have to have a diesel-powered testosterone parade because I'm driving a mighty fine diesel rig myself, I'm just offering a friendly reality check on buying the right tool for the job. Diesel = great long-distance heavy hauling. Gas = local jobs, light hauling, snow plowing.
  6. generalee31184

generalee31184 Junior Member

I am looking at going back to the ford as I just have now been all that impressed with a chevy. The first thing that turned me off was when I put the plow on the front end of the truck went splat.(superduties dont seem to do that). I had to add a leveling kit in the front to help that. When doin the truck pulls, this new Chevy goes into abuse mode to protect their 5/100 warranty and falls on its face. The Ford superduty will outpush that Chevy anyday snowplowing. Dont get me wrong im not saying I dont like my Chevy but I have just always been a ford guy and am leaning back towards one. AS for the diesel, it is what it is, you dont buy a 3/4 or 1 ton for gas mileage. You buy a dodge neon for that.
  7. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

You will need the undercarriage Boss Part # LTA09060 Retail $593, and the 13 pin light adapter Boss part #MSC09993 Retail $59. The wiring harness remains the same. I am assuming you are planning to purchase a new Ford Super-Duty...