1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 chevy 1500 V6 WT 4WD

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mckenzielane, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mckenzielane

mckenzielane Junior Member
    from WI

Our snow plow guy has retired and we are having trouble finding a replacement. Considering buying a plow to fit on our existing truck or buying an older truck to plow with.

Prefer to have only one dependable truck - not two.

We have two driveways - both gravel. On flat and 600 feet long, the other steep and 1100 feet long.

Thoughts on how feasible it is to use our lightweight Chevy for this?

We live in SW WI.

Thanks for any tips.
  2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Get a lightweight plow and ballast the rear properly and the chevy will be just fine. perhaps a leveling kit or V8 coils or both per your taste. Oh and good tires.
  3. Mitchplows

Mitchplows Member

Get good tires and a fisher 7.5 ft MM2. I would consider putting better springs in the front along with a leveling kit and put some weight in the bed
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Front leveling kit, about 600 lbs in the bed and a 7'6'' HD Fisher
  5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

put a gravel guard on the edge so you don't mess up the driveway
  6. mckenzielane

mckenzielane Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks to all who replied

Thanks for all the replies - We finally got a guy lined up and we are going to try him for this winter. I will file this information away for use if he doesn't work out and I go the do-it-myself route.

Thanks again!