1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 Chevrolet/GMC & Fisher Plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dmjr77, Oct 20, 2007.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Today a freind of mine showed me his new 2008 Chevy 2500 HD with a 8' Fisher on it. I noticed that his front license plate was smashed. He told me that it was from the plow being mounted on it. I also visited a few dealers and saw a few trucks that had plows mounted on them and saw the plow crushing the front valance. Has anyone noticed this?

2. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Yes this is an issue. i have installed 11 new fishers blades this year on 07.5 and 08 chevy and gmc. i just take the license plate mount off, i did modify the bottom of one braket/cut the lower section off but the frame still rubbs on it.

3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Wow! That is something! You spend $40k on a truck and then $2k on a plow and it hits the license plate, that to me is a issue with Fisher. The freind of mine who has the issue with his new truck took his front plate off and he got a ticket for not having a front plate. Fisher needs to do something about this.

Thank You

4. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

It isnt fisher it is chevrolet and gmc. this happens with all mm-2 and mm-1. systems, yes here in ny you will get a ticket also but not at likley in the winter.. the law doesnt like to get out of there cars...

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Same thing with the Boss. My girlfriends father's front plate is dented in on his 1500 because of the Boss tower. I havent seen anyother GMs like this though. I dont run a front plate.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Thats what Chevy gets for making the 2008 front ends so ugly ;) Im sure there will be a fix coming out for the issue.

7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I just put a Hiniker on a 07 same style, and I had to relocate the license plate, plastic holder had to come off, the air dam had to come off too

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Let me guess your a FORD man?

9. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I emailed Fisher and got this repsonse:

"The license plate and bracket need to be removed and the plate attached directly to the plastic valance. In order to allow these trucks to carry larger blades the center of gravity of the plow needs to be as close to the truck as possible."

Has anyone done this any success??