1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 6.4 that wont start

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by greggwim, Nov 16, 2008.

1. greggwim

greggwim Junior Member

I have an 08 6.4 and it only has 750 mils on it. Went to go and start it it started but was lod injctor noise shut it off then went to restart but all it would do is crank over had to have towed to the dealer they are still up inthe air with why it will not start i was wonder if anyone has has this same problem thanks

gregg

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'd ask for a new truck. That's ridiculous at 750 miles and already in the shop.

3. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

WOULDN'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH A D-MAX wesport PROBABLY COMPUTER RELATED. BEST OF LUCK. THERE IS A FORD TRUCK SITE TRY THERE. THEY HAVE A FORUM FOR THE 6.4'S LOTS OF INFO. I BELIEVE IT IS FORD TRUCKS.COM

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

go to www.thedieselgarage.com
    Those 6.4s have been trouble free so far so I would be interested to know whats up.. keep us posted

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

no with the dmax youd just have to weld the frame after it busts from plowing :rolleyes:

6. greggwim

greggwim Junior Member

hello everybody I spoke to the dealer today they found the fuel pump driver to be bad when replacing they alsofound. raw fuel in the turbo .they think that there is something else wrong with it wish me luck thanksbut they are unsure.

gregg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  7. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

please don't get me started. My 05 6.0 psd got bought back @ 28,000 miles.
    The 03 d-max with the ez- vee is running strong with 80,000 miles. No frame issues. Each truck has its pros and cons. I really believe some of it has to do with the driver and how you treat the equiptment. I bet i could bust the frame on a ford if i really tried. I bet you could smoke an allison trans if you tried.

8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Gregg, there is going to be more where that came from.............Good luck to you. You know the problems are going to come, only when there is 12" of snow on the ground........

9. LawnProLandscapes

hey man, you came in and wanted to sling mud, so i was just slinging it right back at yea. :p i agree with what you say its how the trucks used, but i just get tired of hearing all the brand shat :gunsfiring: i know alot of strokers, max's and cummins all running great and i know of a lot that made junk, i like ford and drive ford and im happy, you like gm and drive gm and that makes you happy just having a little fun back with yea :D

10. TEX

TEX Senior Member

true that there is nothing worse that askin for help and some one sayin should have got a dodge or a chevy or a honda or a prius .............dont take it personaly who ever said it but the point is what i have is what i have and dont care if you think i should have bought a XXXX brand with MY money.

but really i hope there isnt a start of probs like the 6.0 PS

11. LawnProLandscapes

yea i hope not either. they have been pretty solid though from what i have heard so far and from the tests they ran with them. the guy i sub for now has two 6.4's (08 F350 had since last year and 08 F550 just purchased) and a 6.0 he just sold and all ran/run flawless. he did have trouble though with there 04 6.0 that was bought back by ford. time will tell though, i do know they are harsh on fuel with the new emissions nonsense on them .:gunsfiring:

12. greggwim

greggwim Junior Member

Hello everyone i finally got my truck back they found a bad fuel injector i hope it is all set