1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 450 - 550

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Marek, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Has anyone bought one and if so how do you like it? MPG ect?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

got a 250 and love it 10 mpg....bs

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

just purchased an 08' F450 dump have not received it yet. Heard it has tons of power and mpg sucks. I guess it does. 10 mpg on a F250 WTF!

4. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

i want one does that count....??:jester::jester:

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Get a GMC 5500. Much more reliable than the 08's

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

my bosses new 08 6.4s get like 12 mpg daily driving and like 5-6 when plowing. at least thats what my brother has told me. but they dont have many miles on them at all so it will probly get better when they are broken in

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Just bought an 08 F-550 the thing is great tons of torque the digital readout is saying 8mpg with spreader in the back filled only had a week but it is really nice and I think I made the right choice. I have just never liked how big the cabs on the 5500 are.

8. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Which rear axle did you go with? The mpg will get better with time. The 5500 just isnt my type of truck. By the time you put a body on one the load height is pretty high. Think short latinos shoveling mulch out of the back. If I wanted a truck with that large I would go to International but there is the same problem. I have had pretty good luck with my fords. Still thinking about the Isuzu but dont know anyone who has one and thier cab is kinda small and they have no tow rating.

9. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was looking to get a new 08' F-450 because it comes standard with most the things I want and is only about $2k more than an F-350 with all the adds to make equal trucks. With fuel costs the way they are I might wait a year to see if Ford doesn't address the crap mileage the new 6.4L PSD are getting. You know it's bad when my 6.0L PSD is getting better mileage than the new trucks. I know it's from the DPF that the gov't is requiring but with so many people bitching about the mileage, I bet Ford, GM, and Dodge are working hard to come up with something to make MPG go up. Kind of makes me wish I had my 7.3L PSD back. If I could get back to that 18-20 MPG, I don't think I would even ***** about the price of diesel today.