1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 3500 diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 4720, Mar 5, 2008.

1. 4720

4720 Junior Member

i am putting my plow on my new 3500 diesel. my plow is currently on my 2500hd gas and by looking at it the 2500 sets up taller. my question is has any body had problems putting their plows on the new body style trucks and if so did you have to turn the torson bars up and cut some of the plastic out from underneath.
  2. snowdog1

snowdog1 Junior Member

I put a boss on my 2007 new body style diesel, raised my bars up 3 turns, didn't cut any plastic. I am having trouble carrying the plow without getting hot. Tried angle and carrying low nothing seems to work. I got two 2006 2500HD and have no trouble at all and i carry the plow wherever i want
  3. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

For about 75-100 bucks you can go out to napa or any other auto store and buy an aux electric fan. I drive a 06 3500 dump gas and it used to over heat all the time. We went and got an electric fan and placed in between the fan and the radiator with the fan blowing out through the radiator too add extra cooling. We wired it into the relay under the hood for the lights. So when the lights come on so does the fan. It helps so much sometimes it gets a little warm when the temps are a little higher but other then that no problems