1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 350 xlt gas

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nor'easter1, Jul 22, 2011.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Anyone ever try and use heating and cooling controls and it won't run on the 1 setting but will on 2-4. It seems pretty weird to me could it be a switch stuck or fuse.

2. chas4x4

chas4x4 Senior Member

Some times if not all the time the switches are resistor switches which lowers the voltage to run the fan slower to higher speeds generally the switch has to be changed because that part is burned out

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My 02 only runs on high now.

4. nor'easter1

would that be a dealer only fix or is it an easy one?

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

If your truck is under waranty it should be covered. If your doing it yourself then check online for the part. The resistor is usually a plug type. This is a common problem on lots of different vehicles.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know about the 08's, but the earlier Fords have the resistor under the hood, and it's not sealed properly, so they get corroded out. They can also burn out over time. It's a less than $20 part and it's very easy to replace.

7. swtiih

On the pre 08's where is the resistor located

8. wizardsr

It's right in the climate control box on the passenger side firewall. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

9. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

On the pre 08's where is the resistor located[/QUOTE]

Under the hood passenger side behind/below the battery. Has a plug with about 4 wires sticking out of it.

10. nor'easter1

Thanks guys I oredered the part from some online place. where is this resistor located on the 08 xlt thanks for everything the knowledge on this site saves me thousands each year!

11. wizardsr

This is on an 03, not sure if/when things changed, so an 08 may not be in the same place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. swtiih

thanks for the pictures

13. swtiih

just curious is that a gas or diesel

14. wizardsr

V10 Gasser