1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 2500HD Crew Cab plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MikesLawns, Nov 18, 2008.

1. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

I had a thread talking about Boss vs. Fisher V plow. I talked to one dealer yesterday and he said the V plow is to heavy for this truck. My reply was I knew the duramax has issues with this because the motor is heavier. Just want to make sure before I make the purchase. I have 3 trucks with straight blades, 8.5, 9 and 7.5. I have a application for the V plow and really would like to put it on my new truck, but just want to make sure the frame, truck will be ok.I like the Boss because it's lighter by 100 lbs. then the Fisher.
    Thanks

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

It will more than likely void your warranty but there are a HUGE number of people on this site that are using V plows on there CC Duramax's with no issues. The problem lies if you decided to put yourself, and 5 other people in the truck and go and plow. The factory factors in the fact that you could have a full cab full of people and add that to your potential weight. You may also go through ball joints and front end parts a tiny bit faster but all in all, you should be fine. wesport

3. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

Image that a cab full of people plowing how boring would that be. When you did your T bars, did you jack it up first then turn them in like 4 turns or so ? How much did it change the ride ? I checked with the factory it doesn't void the warranty with the gas motor. Duramax yes they said. How about the timbrens changing the ride roughier ?

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'm not sure exactly how many turns I did on the T-bars..... It was 3 years ago and I haven't touched them since. I didn't jack the truck up first, I just went under there and tightened them up until the truck was level. I put a chalk line on the socket I was using and then another on the frame of the truck so that I knew EXACTLY what a "turn" was. As far as ride quality.... It does stiffen up the front end quite a bit and even a little more once the timbrens are in but it is well worth it when you lift up the 800lb plow and the truck barely budges....

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I know of 2 people here in town plowing with crew cab/DMaxs. One is an 01 or 02 and the other is 07.5 with a Blizzard 810. Neither of them have had problems that I know of. When I had the timbrens on my truck I didn't notice much of a difference in ride.

When you adjust the TBars I would suggest jacking the truck up. That way all the weight is taken off the bolt, otherwise you are trying to lift the entire front of the truck. It is much easier to do this with the truck lifted. Also when you drop the jack, do it quick. Then do the other side and take the truck for a spin down a bumpy road. This will help quickly settle the suspension. Recheck your measurements to see if you are level. If not, repeat the steps til you have the truck sitting where you like it.

6. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

Hey thanks. You like those Coopers ? I had 2 sets and they wore quickly and no good in the rain. My 2 p/u and dump truck make noise in the rain with those. Like i was skidding all the time. I'm leaning towards the boss over the fisher only because of the weight. What are you gettimg for mpg with that truck ?