1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08' 2500hd cab lights?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bellcon, Oct 31, 2009.

1. bellcon

bellcon Junior Member
    from NH

I've got an 08' 2500hd with a cab light out. When I tried to get a replacement today I was told they are not available yet. It's an LED light and apparently on the middle one the bulbs can be replaced but on the outside ones (the one I need) the whole light must be replaced and they are not available yet. Does anyone know if this is true??? Hard to believe I have a $40k truck with a light out and it can't be fixed.
    Thanks for the input, Scott
  2. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

when mine go out i tap them lightly with a screw driver or something and they come back on.. give it a try
  3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

You can get a new set on recons' website. You will need to buy the whole kit though, about $100.00. It is a direct replacement.
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Some of the parts are truly not available ... still. I've had best luck going to a GMC dealer with my full vin and getting parts ordered than from a Chevy dealer. Don't know why but, on my NBS 07 that's the only way I could get bulbs.
  5. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Shouldnt that be under warrenty still?
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is what I was thinking. Warranty.:)
  7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Warranty if under 36k. HOWEVER< the dealer still has to get the part. Tell them to take it off another truck.
  8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Complete bullshite.... Go to gmpartsdirect.com. You can buy the FACTORY light you desire there. Good luck