1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 tundra suspension upgrades?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by niko, Oct 2, 2012.

1. niko

niko Junior Member

my new plow truck is an 07 tundra. planning on putting a snowdogg md 7.5 or md 8 on it. weight around 450-500 pounds. what should i plan on doing to the front suspension prior to installing the plow. it rides pretty low as it is. i'm planning on putting snow tires on and will go as "tall" as i can w/ a tire so i may get a little ground clearence there

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A 2.5" or 3" leveling kit would make a big difference as well as taller tires. My Dad's Tundra has a stock suspension and it handles a 500lb plow fine. But, I wish it had a leveling kit so the push plates would be higher up for when we use it hunting on logging roads.

3. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I just put the rancho quicklift loaded shocks on my truck, I still need to have the alignment worked out but so far I'm pleased with them

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice choice in plows!

5. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

i have a curtis on my 07,and i think its 750 pounds,i added larger bump stops and am happy

6. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

I wouldnt ever put a plow on a grocery getter

7. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

I love my grocery getter. Ive had my share of Fords (F350,F150) and both had problems after problems. But dont regret it. Just bought this truck and lets see how long it last me.

8. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

These newer Tundras are supposed to be comparable to a 3/4 ton behind a 1/2 ton badge. Id rock one!

9. mercer_me

I'd call them a heavy 1/2 ton. They remind me of a GM 1500HD.

10. niko

niko Junior Member

just got the plow installed today. rides nice. frame sits a little low and i like to drive on the beach so i may need to do something about that. cant tell if the timbrens raised it up at all, need to have a look in the light

11. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

We need pics what plow did you go with?

12. mercer_me

A 3" front and 1" rear leveling kit would take care of that. Thumbs Up

13. niko

niko Junior Member

back rack and tool box go on this weekend. need to order a backup buddy next week. the plow frame is def too low. my f250 was the same way w/ a meyer, i put an air suspension up front in that but was never happy with it. ended up putting 350 springs up front and the front of the truck was a hair high with no plow on. dont want to end up like that again. so you guys think a 3" lift in the front and 1" rear will be the solution? i put timbrens in allready - does that raise the front at all? now i want snow. want to see what it can do

006.jpg

004.jpg

14. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

I put a 3-1 lift on mine and I love it so far. The snow dogg mount sits pretty low in general. Check out my post with the picture I uploaded. 7.6 SD fisher plow

15. mercer_me

Very nice truck and plow. I love the green Tundras. The 3 and 1 leveling kit should help you out a lot.

16. DieselSlug

Timbrens are larger bumpstops. They dont add any height.

17. niko

niko Junior Member

another question - is a leveling kit just a body lift? no groundclearence gained?

18. DieselSlug

Leveling kit for your truck prolly consists of torsion bar keys or just cranking up your stock bars.

19. mercer_me

It's not a body lift. Tundras don't have torsion bars so a leveling kit for a Tundra consist of spacers for the suspension.

20. DieselSlug

Learn something new everyday. Are they coils in the front? But still independant suspension right?