1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Tundra Rt3 undercarriage alingment problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by landscapingcrew, Dec 23, 2011.

1. landscapingcrew

landscapingcrew Junior Member
    from NJ

I tried searching but did not manage to find anything on the topic. I am in the process of installing my 7' 6" SD but i am having some issues with the undercarriage. When i try to align the push beam support plates the plates do not sit flush onto the frame when i slide it over the 3 bumper mount studs. The two tow hook bolts also did not line up. I finally got the tow hook bolts on, as well as the bolt that goes on the outer side corner (It was not easy by all means) but when i tighten everything up there is a 1/16" to 1/8" gap between the frame and the plate that slides over the 3 bumper mount studs. Does this affect the integrity of the undercarriage when the plow is hooked up or when pushing snow? Has anyone ever come across this if so what was the solution? Thanks for any input!

2. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I had the exact same problem on my 02 Silverado. It was on 2 front end accidents so the frame has a tweak to it that didnt help. I had to put it on and remove a few times to wack it with a sledge, and slightly widen the tow hook holes. I feel your pain, took me 2 friggen days.

did you loosen the push plate before bolting the supports to the frame (this helped me the most, put a very slight bend in the supports when i torqued it down but I eliminated most of the gaps)

I havent run mine yet (no snow) but i am just gonna hope for the best and check it over after the first few times i use it.

If you are up to an 1/8inch gap in a significant area i would probably recommend putting a shim or something in.

Hard to say, without seeing what exactly your setup is like, maybe post a pic?

has the truck been in anyaccidents and is it a new mount? one or both could be bent

3. landscapingcrew

landscapingcrew Junior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for your input. The truck has never been in any front end accidents. The mount I bought new. I followed the installation instructions from boss. I ended up enlarging the tow hook holes as well but I still have the gap. I'm probably going to put some washers where the gap is like you said. It also took me a day and a half to install and now I'm freakin sore! It definately sucked but I have nothing better to do so it was better than paying the 450 bucks. I'll post some pictures tomorrow so you can see the gap I'm talking about. Thanks again and merry christmas