1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 tundra leveling kit(spacers)

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by rancherman84, Feb 9, 2011.

1. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

so i've got some 2 inch spacers for my front end,my question is for those of that have installed them yourself how did u get the springs compressed? i tryed a mac tools spring compresser and all it did was bend it?

2. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

It's a bottom spacer lift, not the top plate lift that just sandwichs between the spring mount and the mount plate on the truck?

3. rancherman84

no,its the top spacer.

4. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Either take it to a shop or I've used 2 sets of spring compressors on the fronts to compress them. Even with 2 sets (4) they might start to bow/bend a bit. Make sure to mark the orientation of the 3 studs to the bottom shock eye to save yourself from doing it twice. Good luck, hope this helps, Matt

5. rancherman84

ok,i guess ill have get a second set of compressors. they must be one hell of a spring,we did my buddys one ton dodge with a couple of heavy rachet straps and the floor jack,lol

6. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

prepare for a stiffer ride. that is the cheapest way to achieve lift. just looking to stiffin up for the plow? if you can i'd install lift springs.

i plan on a lift spring, add a leaf and lift struts this summer. but then again i want to lift the whole truck.

7. rancherman84

i wont mind the stiffer ride,im used to a 3/4 ton pickup. lol

8. Greystorm

Greystorm Member

I had two threaded spring compressors on each spring when I did mine, they definitely were bending but, I just worked fast and used power tools, I figured the compressors are made to do just be carefull if they look haggered or damaged from before. I'd take the struts of and take them to a shop, with the spacers they'll throw em on for cheap, with the wall mounted spring compressor