1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 style mirrors on my 99 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JCark, Jan 8, 2009.

1. JCark

JCark Member

I have a 1999 F-350 Superduty with small mirrors on it. They are manual. I want to upgrade to Tow mirrors, and i want the ones w/ the running and directional lights on them. Here is my question... Since my mirrors right now are manual, can i get manual tow mirrors w/ the lights? also, Ive noticed that you can only get the lights on the 07 style mirrors, will the 07 style mirrors fit on a 99? one more. I cant seem to find manual mirrors w/ the lights for an 07. can i get the motorized ones and adjust them manually? I just really want the marker lights, I dont mind wiring the lights myself. Thanks folks.
  2. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

I cant answer all your questions, but I can tell you that my truck is an 06 and I have the mirrors that light up, so it cant be just on 07s. I think the trucks you see with trailer tow mirrors and no lights in them are XL models and not XLT or Lariat models. I think thats the difference, but could be wrong.
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

you can get them with lights earlier than that my 05 lariat has them.
    the xl model doesnt have them you need an xlt or lariat mirror. i dont think you can get the mirror with the lights and not have it be powered.
    getting motorized mirrors and adjusting them manualy wont really work since the motor will be locked and you will have to really push on the glass to move it(and break the motors but you dont care about that) so in theory i guess you could do it
  4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I had a friend with a 2003 6.0 and he had the lighted mirrors, bit I have never seen manual mirrors with lights. You may be able to get lighted mirrors and change the guts out of them though.
  5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

If you going through the trouble of running the power to the lights you should get powered lighted mirrors and run all the wiring together. It wouldn't be that hard to do it. Lots of wire and find a mirror switch at a parts store. I have a 99 that had those small mirrors on them and they suck. I bought a set of manual towing mirrors and love them. I don't have lights on mine and I bought mine from a guy parting out a truck on craigslist.
  6. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I have an '06 XL with power mirrors and the marker/turn lights. You can get it on the XL if it has the power equipment group option. I have rubber floors but pwr. windows, mirrors, upfitter switches, brake controller,pwr. locks, heated mirrors just like and XLT but without carpet or cloth seat.
  7. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The motors won't break, my mirror switch is messed up right now(and going to be replaced this weekend) so when the mirror doesn't go the direction I want i push on the glass, it just moves the track inside but doesn't break anything. This is the same case with my smaller paddle style mirrors that I had on and also with my current 08 mirrors, believe me I'd be pissed if I broke my 08 mirrors with the price I paid for them.

As most have said, I have never seen lighted none power mirrors.

As far as the wiring for the power mirror function, if you choose to do so, it would be a little more complicated than just putting any auto motive switch in there. The switch would need to have mulitiple positions and be able to select either mirror. It may be easier to mount the Ford mirror switch, and run the wiring as it normal based off the wiring diagram.

Also for you're reference, the lighted tow mirrors came from 03-07
  8. JCark

JCark Member

Great, does anyone have a wiring schematic so i know where to pull the running and directional lights from under the dash? Again, Its a 1999 F-350 XLT. Thanks.