1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Sierra 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by harley hauler, Mar 11, 2007.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey everyone, Posting to get some feed back. I'm ordering my new truck in a few weeks, it will be the new style GMC 2500 HD crew cab. Upgraded a few thing like the SLE2 package which gives you dual power bucket seats, dual climate control,Z71 package,upgrade from the standard 125 amp alternator to a 160 amp dual battery, roof marker lights chrome tube steps. Comes withe the 6.0 liter 6 speed hydra matic (auto) trans 3.73 gears. Drove and ext cab last week and it's the smoothest riding 3/4 ton I've driven so far. Best price I've gotten them down to is 35,500 out the door! What do you guys think ? Going to try to pedal my truck myself.

2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Sounds like a nice ride. I havent priced the new trucks yet, whats the sticker on it? Sorry to go off topic but whats the z71 package include? I didnt know they made it avaliable on the 2500's.

3. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Its not availible on the 2500, half-ton modles only

4. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

You can actually get the Z71 on the new 2500HD's.

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

JG is correct. GM is now offering the Z71 Package on the HDs. Usually the Z71 package is some decals, skid plates and different shocks. Nothing to impressive.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, and believe it or not you can buy a 2WD with the Z71 "off road" package now also.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Yeah figure that one out:confused:

8. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I went the Chevy flavor. Dual batteries, long bed, etc, etc. Has a remote starter and a whole bunch of cool options. It was a toss up between the ford and chevy - I'm waiting on my build date right now.... Here's the truck I'm selling; www.talongic.com/truck

Ask them for the official build sheet. It lists the MSRP, Invoice and Dealer price.

9. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Come to find out the dealer I went to the salesman has known my dad for 30 yrs so he gave me the truck for 500 over invoice. So when we sat down and spec'd the truck everything was at cost, which came up to 37,1 and some change. But it gets better called a friend who has a friend that owns a dealership he'll give me the same truck plus if I want to add any other options at no charge he's at 35,500. Which if you spec the same truck thru GM's website the truck is closer to 40 41 so it's a great deal but with not a very good winter I have to come up with somepayup to get the payment down to where I want because they don't want to give me crap for my truck. So I'm going to try to sell it my self plus a couple grand and I'll be right where I want to be, or pretty close.