1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Ram Cummins Boss PowerV install

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by flyingfinn73, Oct 10, 2014.

1. flyingfinn73

flyingfinn73 Junior Member

Hi everyone. New to forum but not to plowing. My question...Bought an '07 Ram 2500 to replace my Ford and picked up a new Boss PowerV-XT in poly to plow with. Before I get too far into the electrical side of the install I was wondering what experiences folks on here have had regarding the TIPM after install and/or what solutions people have come up with to get around the problems they've had. Thanks for any responses ahead of time and happy plowing!
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

fallow the insulation instructions.

when adding your, "add on lights' or other accessory's don't tap into the existing wiring, run a new circuit.

any higher than allowed power draws will trip the system. relays are your friends.
  3. flyingfinn73

flyingfinn73 Junior Member

That's what I was getting at I guess. I assume you mean the lights for the plow will be fine "T'd" into the headlight connectors same as with Ford or Chev installs but anything over that (backup lights,strobes,light bars etc) should be wired direct to battery, around the TIPM. Long as you replied and I've seen you on Cummins forum I gotta ask. By your nickname I assume you do, or did at some point push snow at one of three hills in NE Mn. Which one of the three?