1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 ram 2500 5.9 Cummins, which plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Shoreline, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

I need some recommendations for which plow is best suited to this truck. Might be interested in what you have available too.
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We run 9'2" Boss V plows on a couple dodge 2500 diesels. Works well.
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Wouldn't the standard answer be....

"The type of plow that's best for you is the one where you can get "serviced" during events, as the closest / most reliable dealer is key to making sure you have what you need, should a break down occur."

IMO, it's the skill of the driver that overrides just about any type of plow you have. If the guy can't see, cant judge distance, doesn't have a feel for what he / she is doing, then it doesn't matter what type of, or brand of plow they have...

I have a buddy who's a truck driver that can back in a 53' trailer into my shed doors, and not hit either side (blind siding it). Me ? I'd jackknife the thing....:eek:

Personally, I like the V-plows, as they seem to be more flexible with the types of jobs you're plowing.
  4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

2nd what Dogplow said.
  5. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

Dealer service and proximity definitely play a role in choosing the plow. Pretty well every brand is close enough to me for consideration.

How are snow dogg plows holding up? I believe they have a fold back wing available so it stores right on the plow when you don't need it. Has anyone here used one of these and how did you like it?
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

My only recommendation for heavier plows is use Timbrens.
  7. Here's my 07 Dodge Cummins 3500 , it has Timbrens on it , as stated earlier these trucks need them. Even without carrying a plow they work great when you hit a hard pothole .

8. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

i have a 9 ft western with wings on my 05 2500 with a leveling kit. works great.