1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 NBS Electrical question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fordmstng66, Dec 1, 2009.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I have an 07 NBS silverado. I downloaded the electric manual from the upfitter site, and on page 67 they talk about a power supply harness under the instrument panel near the center of the vehicle. There is suposed to be a wire bundle with six wires 2 for battery, 2 for ground, and 2 for ingnition hot. Has anyone found these, or heard of these wires? All i can find is the wires for the trailer brake controls. The other question is can i use the wires from the trailer brake control to get power to my led's? Thanks for any help. I can not go to the dealer, as i can not even trust them to grease the 8 points on the front end when i take it for oil changes, found out today for the last 2 years everytime i take it in they change oil, but have not been greaing the susoension components.

2. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

I will check tomorrow for that harness. Why no go right to the fuse box for power???

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

My 07 NBS doesn't have those wires either and it also doesn't have the extra hole in the firewall. :cry:

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Also note that the gmt-900s DO NOT have any zerk fitting !
    So the dealer is not screwing you.......................

I will note tho. that SOME early build 07 gmt-900s (like mine)
    only have 2 zerks. One on each outer tie rod!

5. sonjaab

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I have the factory brake controller/tow package. But I have never seen any bundle of wires under the dash.

7. sonjaab

DL.............Since you have the factory controller you won't have those wires.

I went crazy with my 07 gmt-900 trying to find any of the wires/info on how to
    hook up the 3 loose wires under the hood to the bottom of the fuse center and
    add the maxi fuses to power up the under dash loose wires to hook up to my
    brake controller till I found that link I posted above !

Sure wasn't the easy plug n play that was on my 04!

NOTE: My 07 didn't have the hole in the firewall either !
    Yes....I do have the VYU plow prep................

Wanna know where to find the beacon light wires?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  8. fordmstng66

I had a zerk for each upper and lower ball joint, and also had 2 other zerks for steering components. Trust me, i greased them.

9. fordmstng66

Thanks, i found the wirees for the trailer control, but i was unable to find the bundle of wires that the upfitter said were there for power accessories.

10. sonjaab

FORD...............You have a gmt-900?????????????

If yours has more than the 2 in the tie rod ends you have a rare truck because
    I have never seen any other gmt-900 with them.
    Prob. thats why the dealer never greases them because they assume yours
    like the 3 million others don't have them.

11. fordmstng66

Yeah i have GMT-900 07 NBS so you are saying they normaly do not have the zerks for the ball joints?? Sounds like you know a lot, are there any fittings for the drive shafts? I will look later today, or tomorrow when i put it on my buddy's lift at his shop There are 4 fittings on driver side, and 4 fittings on passenger side, and that includes the upper and lower ball joints. Maybe i explained it wrong....

12. sonjaab

Funny.......Mine is a early build 3/07 2500 it only has 2..... one on each tie rod end.
    None elsewhere. My buds 08 has none!

13. fordmstng66

I can get pics if you want, i am sure i will be under the truck at some point again, hoping to wait for my buddy to get home from hunting, so i do not have to lay on the cold floor

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My 2 07 NBS trucks have 11 grease fitting on the front end.

15. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Same with my '08 GMT900.

George has no idea what he's talking about... he's never greased a truck in his life. :laughing:

16. m297

m297 Member

Doesn't sound right to me, I have an early build 2007 2500 HD, (2) 2008 2500 HD, (2) 2009 2500HD, and a 2007 3500HD all new body style and I grease 11 fittings on all of them!!!

17. sonjaab

Nope..............Still only 2 on my 07 2500 gmt-900.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The chassis is the exact same 01-2010 unless yours is a 1500. Yours doesn't have coil springs does it?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  19. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

All trucks have greasable ball joints and steering joints. The only ones I am not positive on is the NNBS 1500's with the struts. I have not been under one. I sure hope gm didn't do something that stupid on a truck.

20. m297

m297 Member

The only Chevy truck that I have that only has 2 fittings is my 2008 Chevrolet Suburban all the 2500HD's have 11. Must be a 1500 then. Something just isn't right