1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 MVP Plus leaving center trail ??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by scottL, Feb 7, 2008.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

New MVP Plus this season. Have not had any trails from the gap between the two sides before. Yesterday I noticed a trail. Has anyone else had this? Can the cutting edge be bent in the center??? :cry: ( Any picts of of non-trailing vee where the cutting edges match up ?? )

2. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

i had the mvp for two seasons and on mine the center snow catch was a thick piece of rubber and would have to be adjusted now and then.
  3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

The MVP Plus does not have the rubber in the center. They modified the cutting edge to be only metal. Which fixes a weak point, IMO. I seem to have to replace mine more frequently than I like, usually yearly. (Mostly problems with the brackets and bolts).
  4. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

just another thought,

have not had the mvp for a couple years now i did not know they changed it. i got another idea unless they changed that too. on mine there were adjustment bolts on the side of the push frame that had to be adjusted now and then for the blade and the way it laid.
  5. scottL

Hmmmm. Adjustment bolts. I'll have to RTFM.
  6. KLM Service

KLM Service Junior Member

Mine does not leave trail. Check your manual, I believe the gap should only be 1/8". But don't quote me as I have been mistaken before.
  7. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Definently check the 1/8" gap. I broke mine and it started leaving a trail so I fixed the cutting edge and the trail was no more!
  8. scottL

My owners manual shows the cutting blade as 4 parts ( not including the back drag option ). The blade on my is actually a left and a right side. At the center the blade bends backward toward the truck. Mine are bent as dis-equal angles.

Can anyone take a close up pict of just the cutting edge in the straight position, at center? :help:
  9. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

If you bring it back to where you bought it western will give you a brand new cutting edge. The one you have on there they stole the design from BOSS. So just bring it back and get a new one.
  10. scottL

You may have an idea. I did some measuring and found that the trip blade must not have given when it should have. I found a 1/4apx bend in the center of end of the blade which would account for the trail.