1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Leaf Springs

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BigJoeC, Nov 29, 2011.

1. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

So I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab 8ft bed HEMI with stock aluminum 20" wheels. I pull a little open toy trailer and a 3,300lb. car hauler trailer, but with no car just lumber. I pull it a couple times a year and I've noticed that the rear leaf spings have kind of "weaken" and the truck it squaten now. So I'm thinking of adding some leafs to the rear. The stock leafs (3 leafs and one helper) are on it. I'm thinking of doing 4 and a helper or 5 and a helper. I also have a 2" leveling kit on the front. what do you guys think?

2. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Well, It is a dodge. So if it were me, I'd sell it and buy a half ton Chevy Thumbs Up to avoid having those types of problems! :yow!: JK

On a side note, how may leafs are the in the back of a 3/4 ton dodge?

The only thing that concerns me is, if you add 5 plus a helper, I feel it will jack the rear up up to much and make it look odd..... I could be wrong. Just my .02

3. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Haha funny. :p. But ya I kind of figured 5 and a helper would be too much. So prob 4 and a helper.

4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I've been looking at the same thing, the problem is if you go up to 5.....when unloaded the back wheels will jump around when you hit bumps....

air bags seem like the ideal answer but $$

5. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Hummmm....