1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Honda Rincon 680

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by mattbob18, Mar 24, 2010.

1. mattbob18

mattbob18 Junior Member
    from Maine

Hey guys, does anyone have a honda that grinds reverse sometimes? If so how did you fix it and what caused it. I know if i dont let it warm up it does it, thats one cause, but even when its warm it does it. So talk about it here and lets see if we can get to the bottom of it!! Thanks Matt

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I have no idea, since my honda's are foreman's and ranchers.

you could try www.highlifter.com and www.hondaforeman.com message boards try to get some information there. highlifter has a honda only section and hondaforeman has it broke down to even the models for each forum.

of most the users' here on plow site.

IPLOWSNO has a Rincon he's the only reg member that comes to mind with a Rincon
    there's a few other's been on here this year with rincon question's go back through the post and you might be able to find them.

though the reverse grinding aspect.

is your idle set to high? or leaving the choke on?
    just a thought

sublime out.

3. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Go to Rinconriders.com and search there. Most likely you need to adjust the shift linkage. If the idle is too high you would either need to clean or replace the idle air control valve (iacv). Also check ebay or Helm inc for a service manual. Very helpful to have one on hand.

4. mattbob18

mattbob18 Junior Member
    from Maine

Oh yah i forgot about that site, i think i will check that out. Thanks for all the help!!

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yah i am late to the party, and it has happened, but i think it either didn't go all the way to the lock or the idle was too high,

thats all there is too talk about when ya have a honda lol

oh and i plowed 110 miles this winter, which happened to be all in my driveway hahaha