1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 F250 upgrades, mirrors, headlights,clearance lights....advice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ACA L&L, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

so i have a 07 F250 super duty 6.0. It is the vinyl seat, 4x4 work horse. I dont like the headlights, or the lil mirrirs. I need the bigger mirrors and the nicer headlights. My question is do the replacement lights fit in the existing housing, assuming im looking at the right lights that i googled. And will the 100 dollar mirror bolt right up? I want to upgrade the truck more for function purposes but it will also add a little pizaz to the new plow rig. Adding the clearance lights should be a snap, but if anyone has advice about that im all ears. My main concern is the lights and mirrors. thanks all, im sure this is a trivial question for most but after 8 dodges this is my first ford DIESEL, and shes a beats so far!!

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

So you are replacing the headlights, mirrors and adding clearance lights, if so the mirrors are no problem, just pull the black shell of the door on the inside of the truck behind the mirror, unbolt the old one, their should be a wire harness in their for all the extras so plug in the new bolt on and go, how ever the power mirrors may be a problem if you dont have power mirrors already. The headlight you may need to do some cutting to the header panel, the clearance lights, the wiring should already be up in the head liner,

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I figured the mirrors would be no problem, i wasnt sure about the headlights. I can really tell from the pictures. If the wires are already in the headliner that would be awesome. I will be trying to find this stuff out tommorrow at the truck shop..........thanks for the info

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Does your truck have the recessed headlights or the jewel effect lamps??
    Robert