1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 f250 superduty locking hubs.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Butler, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Butler

Butler Junior Member

if you have one bad hub can you engage the other (3x4) to get you threw the storm? 07's are dealer only part and i cannot get untill monday. thanks.

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I would think so; my guess is that only one wheel would have power, but that's better than nothing.

3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I'm thinking it would work like an open differential in the rear where the tire that slips would get all the power aka you're stuck with 2wd

4. Butler

Butler Junior Member

well i'll give it a shot. i'll repost after the storm let you know how / if it works. thanks guys

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

load up on ballast and go for it

6. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

i agree ballast is way to go to get you thru storm try to stay on flat surface hills wiil be tough good luck

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Stock up on plenty of ballast because you're only going to have rear wheel drive.

8. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Try getting a used one from a local bone yard to get you through until Monday if you can. Then keep the used one in your tool box for emegency use in the future once you replace it with a new one.

9. doyles

doyles Member

are you shure you cant call summit racing ang get a set of aftermarkets for it
    after all ford has probaly been using that same front axle for years now

10. Butler

Butler Junior Member

well tried the 3x4 and dident work. i have a full bed salter in the back so i was good on weight. we dident end up getting much only 2-3 " had we gotten the 3-6 i might have been in trouble.... well thanks guys for all the advice.