1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 F-250 6.0 turbo diesel problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dakota2004, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Has anyone experienced a problem with their cluster showing crazy rpms, speedometer not working?

I brought the truck to the dealer and they couldnt find what the problem was. They replaced the cluster with a new one but it didnt fix the problem, i needed the truck so i was required to take it back. Just tonight i was driving the truck and the ABS light now came on and it felt like the brakes were acting up. Does anyone currently have this problem....I bought it brand new so there shouldnt be problems with a computer like this but who knows, the trusty dealer doesn't even know what the problem is.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I had a 1968 f-250 camper special, man that was a nice truck.

3. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Im glad you liked your truck but that doesn't help me, lol.

4. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

lol.. weird :D

5. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I'm sorry i just ment they don't make them like they used to.

6. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

they had spme defective clusters before, so a new one should do the trick. I remember reading there was some kind of calibration that needed to be done also. As far as the abs light it could be a sensor that is inoperable happened to my buddys 05..

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Mine should start acting up again any time. It only does it when cold, and only the speedo not working.

Showed the dealer the TSB and since it wouldn't act up for them, they told me I was stuck with it.

And you wonder why the Big 3 are having issues.

8. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I never knew a dealer could skip out on a TSB, the dealer we go to if there is a TSB, we take it in and they fix it no questions asked.. Maybe it's time to look for a new dealer?