1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 dodge/ Weastern v plow headlights blick randomly

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by emetalworks1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. emetalworks1

emetalworks1 Junior Member

Hi . my 07 dodge drivers side headlight (or if plow is hooked up---plow headlight) blicks randomly. it sometimes goes days without doing it. other times it does it all the time. I replaced my 4-plug module--White label. thinking that was the problem. Not the problem---$300.00 wasted. I also replaced bullet connectors and checked and greased all other connections on wiring harness. Could it be a bad harness? I just got back from salting this morning and I could swear that both headlights were going on and off on the way home on the plow. I have no idea what to do next. I also read that someone had this type of problem and it was the headlight switch. I just dont understand if that could be it because i know it used to be just the drivers side that blinked randomly. Thanks

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Seems obvious that you have a broken wire or bad plug that is making and breaking contact with vibration. Since it does this on the truck and the plow, and the plow gets it's signal to activate the lights from the truck, then I would say the problem is on the truckside. I would pull the headlights and have a real good look at the headlight plugs, both the plug that connects the harness to the original headlight plug and the one that comes back from the isolation module and connects to the bulbs. Also have a good look at the plugs that go into the isolation module. Make sure they are clean and not corroded and put a bit of dilectric grease on them. You could also have a look at the rout that the headlight harness takes across the grill from right to left. Could be the wire is worn through somewhere on a sharp conrner or under a nylon tie. I really think your problem is between the headlights and iso module.

3. emetalworks1

emetalworks1 Junior Member

Thank you for the info. I will check it out and let you know. I have checked all plugs and greased them ,but the bare wire idea I have not checked, but it makes perfect sence. Thanks again for the idea.