1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'07 Diesel One Ton can't plow

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Rich53, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Rich53

Rich53 Junior Member

I went to Maine and talked with a number of plow dealers at the Fryburg Fair. All of them said my one ton Dodge diesel with full size bed could not accept a plow because of weight ratings. I can hardly believe this. Any help out there that will maintain my waranty?
  2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

all your load capacity is in the rear of that truck,
    you could put a snowbear on it, LOL but you would get laught at.
    Is the Snoway 26 still to heavy for that?
    I just bought a Hiniker 700 and it seems damn heavy for a light duty plow
  3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

yup with that setup your front is maxed out on weight. get a pull plow is your only option.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Did you check with a Fisher dealer?

Edit: Which engine do you have in it? 5.9 or 6.7 Diesel? The 6.7D doesnt give you many options, but according to Fisher's ematch you can still put a few plows on it.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fishers Quick Match says go for it. So I'd bet they all have something.

Did you/dealer add something to this truck? Winch, under-hood air compressor, anything?
  7. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey Guys:

I've been barking about this for years. I would love to buy a CTD Dodge, but every dealer I visit shuts down the bumper to bumper warranty as soon as I mention that I'll be plowing with it.

Of course, I appreciate their honesty, but I don't know why Ford doesn't have a problem with it. However, they did say that as long as I brought the truck to their dealership for service, they would honor the warranty anyways. But I don't know if I trust that line of thinking.

BTW, this was a quad cab shortbed that I was looking at. Bummer.
  8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey, I don't get it. I just went to the dodge site and built a quad cab and reg. cab 4x4 diesel and it allowed me to select the plow prep package.

If they allow the plow prep package, why on earth would they not honor the warranty?

My brain is melted.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Any warranty is only as good as the dealer.

I think dodge uses plow prep like an insurance policy. It's only a $80 upgrade but multiply that by 5000 trucks that's a lot of trannies.

I put plows on everything and have not had warranty problems. I do however buy local and from the dealership i plan on having service the vehicle. I choose the dealership based on their reputation and my experiences if any, you can get the same price from any of them if you do your homework.
  10. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Lol tell them to shove it and put a plow on. I cant believe that a 1 ton diesel cant plow. That's the best setup for plowing imo.not one problem with mine yet. I know alot of people and people on this site that do it also. Heres my truck. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=42164
  11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

For what it's worth, I have used Dodge 1 tons since 1998 with no one telling me my warranty is null and void because I've got a plow installed.
  12. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, you cant expect much for $51,000 :dizzy: .

I just looked at a new dually and walked away when I saw the sticker. $51,400 and it didnt even have leather or the other fun stuff... f-that
  13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Most of the reason is legality. Lets say you have a Quad Cab. That truck hold 6 passengers, so the weight of those passengers that would be carried by the front axle, plus the engine and a plow would put you over the GAWR, potentially resulting in a hefty fine from the DOT.

No one plows with 5 other people in the truck, so that weight can really be subtracted, figure that saves you around 900# if you use an average weight of 180#/person.....
  14. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Go back and talk to the dealer i have a friend in the turf buis. that just bought 3cab&chassis and 2 megacab all 4X4 deisel almost loaded and give $29,000 for the cab&chassis and the mega cab's was in the mid $30,000's i believe but i can check
  15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

This is the exact reason they say you're overweight.

The dealer that I deal with used to give me crap until we threatened lawsuit. Now I'm first to the front of the line, even with the plow on the truck when I pull into the service bay.

Again, it's taken 2-3-6-8 years to get to this position, and I'm sure they jerk other guys around, but they're out to make money for the company, not to be their friends.
  16. LwnmwrMan22

NBI - if you're really serious about dealing on a new truck, let me know.

I've got some pretty good connections at Denny Hecker dealerships, either Roseville or Forest Lake especially.

I've bought trucks for $30,000 that have listed for $45,000, but it's all about timing as well.
  17. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks, are you a dealer?

I ended up getting my 06' for $31,600 :D . It had a sticker of $44,???. I know they will deal but a truck that starts in the 50's :cry: is unreal
  18. LwnmwrMan22

No, not a dealer, but I HAVE stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.... :blush2:

Actually, I do work for the new car managers, couple salesman, done work for the dealership...... yada yada yada....
  19. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

I hate all that legality stuff. Its a friggin one ton, put a plow on it. Noone calls up their buddies "hey, wannt sit in my truck cramped for 15 hours while we go back and forth in parking lots?

20. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

The Boss web site doesn't give you a plow option for a quad cab 1 ton Dodge with the ctd.
    So even the dealership will back the truck, Boss won't put a plow on it!?