1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 chevys

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rawfish, Nov 22, 2005.

1. rawfish

rawfish Member

Anyone have any pictures of what they look like?

2. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah the new Tahoe should give a good idea of what the next gen pickups will look like.

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Check out edmunds.com They have some spy pics.

William

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Got a link? I can't find it.

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Eww. Those Chevy and GMC's look too much like something toyota or honda would make. It doesnt look masciuline to me. But im sure it'll grow on me over time, and I'll prolly have one in my driveway. LOL

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Saving already for an '07 CC D/A!

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would have to agree with Mark on this one. I really like the look of the 03-06 body style. I wish they wouldnt change the body style every 3 years but like everything else, you get use to it. I think the 07 Ford super dutys will look good. I know I like my F450! Hopefully next year I will get to replace my 01 Dodge with a 05 2500HD!:) :waving:

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    As most of you know I work for Gm at the Full Size Truck Plant in Pontiac Mi. I had the chance tonight to go over to the engineering center next to our plant. I got to see the 07 Pickup, man guys it is a whole new look. The body was still cover but I did get to see part of the sheet metal.
    It reminds me of a little bit of a Ford Truck. The interior is a whole new look. The inside is clean lines. The headlights and taillights are nothing like is out there now, and I do not see how you will ever get a strobe head in one.
    The lines of the body seem to have a gentle curve to it and the body panels are big. Now all I saw was the 4 door truck and it was loaded, so I'm sure there will be a work version of it, not as fancy. Sorry I can't tell you guys more but most of it was covered.
    The best part I thought was watching do some testing on the new truck. They had one on 4 hydraulic cylinders one under each tire and was shacking the living hell out of that truck with a load in the bed, man was that something to see. Look like it was out 4 wheeling big time jumping all over the place. I'm sure there is more to tell, if I remember anything I will pass it on.
    Before anybody asked I will not take pictures of it, its not worth loosing a job over.

Regards Mike

11. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Was it a 2500 or 2500? Did it have a solid front axle?

12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Very cool to here Mike. Hey, I hope your plant is not one of the plants that GM is going to close. I would hate to see that happen to ya. I heard something that I have an extremely hard time believing. A friend was at a local dealership and the salesman told him that GM would only be going with a regular cab or crew cab. Any word on this?

William

13. flykelley

Hi William
    I would have a hard time believing that, we sell alot of ext cabs, but you know GM. I just thought about this, I know we are still going to be building rear seats at the Lear seat plant, and the new rear seat is also a split bench instead of a solid rear seat. We are one of the lucky plants, we will keep building trucks for a good while now, just signed a 5.6 million dollar expansion to the plant.
    I did not look at the front axle but I can't image GM going back to a solid front axle. I will try to make it back over there later in the week. Will report back later, any more questions guys?

Regards Mike

14. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Mike - Any word on the base motor for the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton???????????
    Word is everything is going over to DOD in '07????

15. flykelley

Bad Luck
    No word on the motors yet, they are still keeping us in the dark. Like I said earlier, the trucks are still covered up even inside the building. They have padded panels velcroed to them to try to hide the shape. we even tryed to get the plant manager to get one to display at our plant.

Upper GM management said no way, all this is still under tight wraps for now. I did get a better look at the seats, the front seats will no longer have seat belts built into them. They will also have manual lumbar knobs in 07. The folding 20% seat in front now will also have two storage compartments but the cushion looks a little hard and flat. Bad Luck by the way what is DOD?

Regards Mike

16. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i have a buddy that works in the 90 degree v6 department up there, and DOD is displacement on demand.

17. flykelley

Thanks Nolan, We have not heard anything about new drivetrains but it's not like they keep us informed.

Regards Mike

18. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

the 06 impalas have dod

i test drove a 06 impala with the 5.3 dod one word sweet best car chevy ever built

19. schnitz

schnitz Member

flykelly,I haven't been to look at a "new" truck since the '01s were new.zDo you know (or can find out) if an ext. cab will get a stick. I was told back then by the dealer that Chevy wouldn't do that --no manuals in an ext.cab. If they build one, I'd buy it. Just from a different dealer.

Thanks in advance, Chet.

20. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

flydoOd..i ordered a 06 4X4 ext.cab, duramax with a 6 speed auto on th
    18th..when will i see it?:drinkup: