1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rich R, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Rich R

Rich R Junior Member

I have a chevy 2500HD diesel, Alot iof the plows I was looking at online were saying that they bwere too heavy for the front end I was looking at the Fisher Plow SXL. Any one else run into the samer thing?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not at all uncommon on the diesel equipped trucks. There just isn't enough front axle weight rating left for a plow with the heavy diesel already up front. Limits your plow choices if you need to stay "by the book".

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What kind of cab chassis is it? I have a 04 sierra ext. cab short bed and I am running a 8'2'' boss poly vee with no problems. I added timberns to the front and the torsion bars were cranked a few turns.
  4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

the xls is a heavy plow weighing in at 1000# plus probaly 80-100# for mount... you might not be too bad off with timbrens up front depending on the capacity up front.
  5. Rich R

Rich R Junior Member

It is ext cab short bed
  6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I run that same truck with a 8' X blade at 800 pounds and had to run Timbrins, 5 turns of the torsion bars and about 600 pounds of ballast to get to sit level.

My friend runs a Extreme -V 8''6" a 900#s with the same set up and he said he has no issues doing the same mods as I did. But IMO I would think he is at the very limits of the front end.

The XLS is 100 pounds heaver than his setup at 1000#s, So you would have to do what we did and even then it pushing it.

I would not consider a RD 7.5 like fisher recommends because it will bend using it for commercial use. My cousin bent his bad just pushing it with his diesel because there is so much torque.
  7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Cranked up my t-bars 5 turns and added 500# balast. 07 reg cab 8' bed with a 8' hiniker poly. Planning on adding timbrins this fall..........ussmileyflag
  8. m297

m297 Member

What's your email?
  9. Rich R

Rich R Junior Member

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I've RAN A 9'2 Boss on my 02 D-max crew cab since new, with no problems.