1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 Chevy wont start

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PlowMan03, Nov 12, 2011.

1. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Just as the title says. I put on a new starter on thinkin it was that since all it does is click everytime I try to start the truck. Check engine light came on, put a code check on it came back with nothing. Checked all the fuses, relays, grounds still the same thing. Its to the point now where I wanna blow it up nd go get a new one lol. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bad cell in battery or a solenoid

3. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I also noticed that amp gage was well over 14 when running down the road. Before this is was at 14 when running down the road.

4. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Grab the positive terminal with a glove on and see if it is loose. The GM batteries are noted for the positive terminal to rot off and leak acid.

5. Mr Lay

Mr Lay Junior Member

I just had the same problem with my 07. I cleaned each battery post and cable and made sure it had a good connection. Now the truck fires up like a charm. Try that and see if it helps. Sometimes its the most simplest things.

6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

The truck has been fixed for a week now, it was the starter that was gone nd there was a short in one of the wires going to the starter. Just glad it didn't cost me anything lol