1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 boss 8'2'' poly vee

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Mar 30, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I have a 2007 8'2'' poly vee that I want to sell. I would like to buy one of boss's XT vees and I can't do so until I sell this one. The plow has new formed edges this fall, it has the boss flap on top, smartlocks. Also included is a handheld controller. I run a joystick and my buddy gave me a spare handheld so that it will make it a little easier to sell. Plow is in really good shape, and is straight, and not beat up. I couldn't get pics to upload but give me your email and I will send them to you. I'll let it go for 3700 OBO with the controller.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. jlcs

jlcs Junior Member
    from mn

How did it do back dragging? how did it compare to the straight blade on back dragging?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They back drag fine with smartlocks. IMO there is no reason to get rid of your blade for an XT, the XT will not make you a penny more and looks are only important to me if it will make me more $. I don't like old equipment but save some money and keep your perfectly good blade. JMO

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

It works fine backblading. Its not like my back blade that I added later this year that has downpressure but it works just fine.

5. A Man

A Man Senior Member

SHSSS Dave, some of us guys can only afford slightly used plows and we buy them in the spring for a deal..........

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Really the only 2 reasons I want a XT is 1 They look cool as hell, and 2 one of my accounts drifts really badly and when I windrow it stacks up really quick so I would like the XT to get the snow to lay flatter.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Ha ha, not trying to be an azz just giving you some advice that my dad would give me when I was younger.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What advice?
    If you spill your coffee while plowing,your doing it all wrong.

I think the only real benefit to the new plow is if your doing roadways it will throw the snow a little further .In parking lots you don't have the speed for it.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Back to the top.

10. tojay22

tojay22 Member

ryan if your still looking for a vxt i have one with boss flap and smartlocks. its hit the ground maybe 5 times so its still mint! call me at 616-446-1777 if you want to see it.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Tojay, willing to trade plows? I've seen pics of it at B&B truck. Nice and clean looking.

12. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I got a 08 boss V-XT. 8.2 steel. everything for a 2003 gmc 2500HD? make an offer, still on truck. Almost new