1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 avalanche gas gauge.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by red07gsxr, Nov 11, 2008.

1. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i have a 07 chevy avalanche 5.3L 4x4 new body style. the truck now has 45k on it so its out of the basic warrenty. i am having problems with the gas gauge. when i fill up it only goes to 3/4 of the tank. i am not sure if its a sending unit problem or something else. just started maybe a month or so ago. Any chevy techs is there any tsb's on it? some help would be great. thanks
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I had a similar issue with the speedo on my truck- was a common issue, took to a dealer for a new guage cluster- problem solved (knock on wood). I'd take it back to your dealer.
  3. SneekyTT

SneekyTT Junior Member

Did you get something about a class-action lawsuit against GM for the 2003-2004 speedo-s going bad? I got one and wasn't having any issues (plus I was out of the allowable mileage) and threw it away... then my speedo went out and says 120mph when parked and 0 when driving. I haven't bothered to fix it yet because I have my GPS and tells me my current speed.
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah I got that- and also I got a letter from GM when I first bought the truck- and the truck had the same issue you're having- it lost the speedo then voltage guage- I'd get yours replaced ASAP- seems once one goes the others follow rather quickly.