1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HOOBS PRO PLUS, Nov 1, 2006.

1. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

Just got this 07 2500 HD WT reg. cab with 7.5' Pro Plus with Pro wings. When I hang the blade I drag on bumpy roads. any suggestions?

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Crank up the torsion bars 6 turns and throw some timbrens on that beast.
    PS- post up some pics

3. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

I looked at those torsion bars and the set bolts are not even close to being even is this typical? I'm working on posting some pics but I keep getting an error that the file size is to big.

4. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

Finally, here are those pics. I've also included pics of those torsion bar set bolts.:gunsfiring:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  5. geereed

geereed Senior Member

That is normal.The drivers side is in more than the passenger side.Just turn them up and measure to the top of the wheel well on both sides to make sure its level.I think it is because the driver side has more weight (driver and gas tank).

6. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

That dramatic? The drivers side has maybe 6 turns left on it and the passenger side is turned in that much it's hard to see in the pics.

7. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Yep.My 2006 is the same way.I turned the drivers side until it was flush with the crossmember and the otherside sticks down about 1 inch.

8. G&S in Md

G&S in Md Junior Member

Mine was the same way, I just got a set of new torsion bar keys, I'm gonna try to put those in this weekend, too see if I can get the "cadillac" ride back.

9. victoryrider

victoryrider Junior Member

I would recommend that with the plow off, measure from the top of the wheel well to the rim and make sure they measure the same. If not adjust them accordingly. If so crank them up 4-5 turns and re-measure. If you adjust while the truck is on the ground you will need to move the truck a few feet forward or back after adjustment to make sure the suspension re-adjusts itself.

10. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

DO NOT ADJUST WHILE TRUCK IS ON THE GROUND! You can easily break a head off one of the torsion bar bolts while doing this. You're putting far too much stress on the bolt, as you are raising the truck up as you turn it. Jack it up, get it on jack stands, crank both sides the same # of turns, and lower it. Then take it for a little ride to allow the suspension to settle down to it's height, and then measure. Good luck!

11. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Crank 'em. If the ride suffers, get a set of SuspensionMaxx adjustable torsion keys.

12. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

I cranked them up and now when I hit some rough road with out the blade on a clunking noise comes from under the passenger side floor board. Is this normal???

13. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

No. Not on mine.

14. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Not unless you turned the bolt on the PS the wrong way. If you did that the TB would be loose and you would here a noise from that side. Take a tape measure and with the truck on level ground measure from the ground to the top of the wheelwell opening. They should be the same height, but the truck must be on level ground.

Regards Mike

15. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I hear that clunking noise to, on my 06. But it sounds like it's comming from the steering collom from my truck. I had the torsion bars cranked but it did it before when ever I had my trailer on (less weight on the front wheels) Any suggestions!

16. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Triple L
    Have your dealer check for a internment steering shaft. They have had some problems with them, its a pretty quick fix at the dealer.

Regards Mike

17. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The intermediate shaft has been a real problem on these trucks, but it was supposed to have been corrected long ago.. There is a TSB out on it.

18. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Intermediate Steering Shaft is a POS on these trucks. The dealer can lube it or you can, but that will only fix it for a few thousand miles. The dealer can replace it with the same POS shaft, but that will only fix it for a few thousand miles. The only way to actually fix it is to replace it with an aftermarket Borgeson (sp?) shaft. It will cost you, but it's the only way.

19. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Had all four of mine replaced under warranty. Once. Never had a problem since.

20. victoryrider

victoryrider Junior Member

If you are getting the clunking without the plow on, as I believe you said, it could be the shocks going to full extension. If so this can be very bad, when the suspension extends the shock could break. I had that problem on my 99 and by cranking back the torsion bars a couple of turns took care of the issue. The other way would be to replace your shocks with longer ones. If you take note of the warning sticker on the cross member where the torsion bars adjust it explains what I have just said. As a side, I had a dealer give me a load on my 99 for cranking up the torsion bars when I went in for an alignment. They cranked them back down. I cranked them beck up when I got home.