1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500HD in Dealers Lot! New Style

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Turf Masters, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Went out this morning to drop off some ice-melts at sites and noticed a new truck in the GMC lot.It was a new 2500HD.I was NOT IMPRESSED at all.Tire size was still way to small 245's and approx 20'' space in rear tire well.I sure am glad that I purchased an 06 leftover last month.Now please understand that I have 5 GMC trucks and love them to death,but this new design in my opinion stinks!Ford and Dodge,look out Here I come!!!!
  2. I just saw a red GMC 2500HD in Rochester NY...it was the Z71 package! It rode on 265 17" wheels. Looked good. I have photos on my cell phone with the 2500HD Z71 next to a 1500 Z71. I'll try to load them in this thread...
  3. Heres the photos-I hope. Bodys looks the same except the higher bumper filler and absence of lower air dam on HD. Kinda curious to see if the Chevys differentiate more between the 1500 and 2500HDs like they did in '01 & '02 (completely different hoods and grills).

Sorry about the sizing. Site wont let bigger than 800x800. I dont have a good photoshop program so had to crop the photos...

07s 1500 2500HD (3).jpg

07 2500hd (4).jpg

07 2500hd (3).jpg
  4. Just noticed the taller grill that comes into the bumper filler and the slot in the front bumper too...
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I don't like that new grill at all.You guys like it?

6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

2 words...."No Thanks". I'm not trying to start a flame, but I think the trucks look weak. Not strong at all. The older models looked alot tougher.
  7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

So far, i'm not pleased with the new GM's. They might grow on me though, the other one's did. And my next truck was going to be a Chevrolet 3500.....:cry: :cry:
  8. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

weell they definitly look nicer than the chevys..... i said the same thing about the f150's when they came out, way too boxy looking....
  9. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

I forgot to mention this struck was a basic work package with a 6.0 and snow plow prep.Sticker price 33K.
  10. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Sometimes my spelling sucks-I was trying to spell TRUCK! Sorry, my mind is on the upcoming snowstorm.
  11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

The cool thing about the f-150 and super duty trucks. They are different. I wish chev was the same. I parked next to a 1/2 ton the other day and other than the slight difference in hight they are the same. IT SUCKS!!! :realmad:
  12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Just curious but did you happen to notice if GM is still putting the little switch for the roof beacon in the dash like they did with the previous models that had the plow package on them?
  13. Didnt get to many details on options etc...(switch for roof lights).

As far as height, the HDs are taller than the 1500s with same diameter tire but your right, the HDs with 245s barely bigger than a 1/2 ton, even with a 2" taller frame! I couldnt take it with my '02...had to get some 285s on it.

I actually like the new trucks... I like the fact that the GMC and Chevys look different although I think the GMC is nicer looking...due I dare say Super Duty-ish? Cant wait to see the new style with a 285 or 305 on it!
  14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there sitting to low im prob gonna buy a ford with in the next couple years
  15. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I like it, GMC more than chevy though.

and for the person who said it was 33k, thats what my base model 2006 sticker had. Thats the going STICKER PRICE, but people dont realize that if they actually pay the sticker price, they are a complete moron. You can almost always take 10 grand off the sticker price, and thats the price that you can talk the dealer down to. My 06 had a sticker price of that and a plow on it too, so its more like a 37k truck that I got for 24.

If I could have waited 3 months to get a new truck, I would have the new gmc
  16. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I wish that for just one year Ford and Chevy would go back to the 1995-1997 design of their trucks. The boxy ones that look like a real truck. Only difference is have all the comforts of today. I would be interested to see how much the sales go up. I bet a lot more people would like that style, atleast I would. Today's trucks look too much like toys. I liked the Chevy style up until this newest one. It looked good IMO.
  17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I agree with that, but Ford stick with the 95-97 and Chevy go to the 80-87 body style, with a nice solid front axle!!!!! That would be nice with today's technology!!
  18. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Amen to that. I hope they work better than they look.. Fronts look like they couldn't decide if they wanted to copy a super duty or a dodge so did a little of both and got that????:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm glad I never got rid of my 02 HD 2500 more every day.
  19. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Two words: Bad A$$.

I love the look. The front is no lower than current models. It seems the same comments come out with each new truck re-design. Before long guys will be posting pics of their new rigs with blades on them and the responses will all be "sweet set up man" and "truck looks awesome".
  20. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Bad Luck is right. The hated the new Ford and now they are growing on me. Trucks look better being used and in real world situations. The GMs do look better in person. No truck looks great on a dealer lot anyway.