1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500HD front end pots with right turns

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bsuds, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

When I turn to the right I hear a pop coming from the front end. I can't pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from but I think it pops from the right front area. Anybody have any Ideas what would cause a popping sound when I make RT turns. What could this be and how involved could this be to fix?
  2. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Do you have larger tires and mud flaps?

my 265/75 sometimes rub full crank on my aftermarket flaps
  3. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Did you check the CV shafts for play?
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Ok Does it pop if you aren't moving. Just spin steering wheel back forth?

If It pop while sit.

Could be broke frame on IFS arm mount. They are common in GM product.:rolleyes:

Bad CV Shaft with rip rubber boot leak grease and dry out.

Oversize tires rubbing on frame or bumper when bounce.
  5. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I turned the wheel back and forth with truck stationary many times and no popping sound. The tires I run on this truck are 245/75/r16 which I feel are too small for the truck. I have'nt heard any rubbing. I hear a pop when I make right hand turns around 5 to 15 mph.So far it has only made a popping sound on right turns. The only other type of inspection on the vehicle I have done it to look inside the wheel well for any obvious wear and tear, and have not found anything out of the ordinary yet. I'll take a look underneath her and see if I can see any rips in any of the boots, But what if I find nothing?
  6. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Well its funny that I put my two cents in and suddenly I got the pop sound on my 2000 2500 today. I have two worn parts to replace.
    First to check: pitman arm - mounts onto the steering box.
    Second area that have play on my truck is the upper A-arm bushings are getting bad. Not sure which went first
    but check these areas on your truck.