1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500HD Classic with timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bsuds, Oct 31, 2008.

1. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I was planing to buy some timbrens for my silverado. When I measured how much my front end dropped when my truck lifted the plow it was 1/2". I looked under the truck at my front supension and timbrens were already installed. Is this an option that came from Chevy?

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Are u sure there timberns and not the factory stops? Did u buy the truck used?

3. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I think your right. Those are stops. Since my front end only drops 1/2" when I lift the plow, what is the difference between the stops and timbrens? I still have to give the t-bars a few cranks to lift the front end up 1 1/2 inches will this affect the stops.

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

stock, yellowish. Timbrins, like like a huge black Kong dog chew toy.
    Worth it.

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I have an 07 2500HD Sierra Classic. Before Timbrens it would drop 1.5" after .5" If you're only dropping .5" now, I'd save the money. That's amazing to me that it only drops that little. Do have the T-bars turned up at all?

6. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

The t-bars have not been adjusted. I am going to crank them up soon. I figure when I do this the front end will drop more, but I don't know. I could definatly use the extra clearance now with the plow hitch on.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You are 100% correct. Once you raise the control arm up away from the jounce bumper by turning the T-bars it will drop more when the weight is applied since the jounce bumpers no longer have the weight already on them.

Turn the T-bars up where they need to be and add the Timbrems.

8. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

When I measured from center of the wheel well. I noticed that the right side of the truck sat 1/2" higher than the left. When I crank the t-bars should I even them out. I assume if I do, that the alignment will be way messed up. Or should I crank each side up proportionately.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's your choice. Turn them the same amount to keep the current side to side variation, or turn the driver side an extra turn or two to level it up.

If you turn them more than approx 3 to 4 turns total an alignment is highly recommended.

10. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I chose to level mine out.

11. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Deffintally reallign if you crank the t-bars up. Mine are cranked 4 turns, and I run 500# of ballast in the bed. Timbrens are going on soon..........ussmileyflag

12. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

so what is wrong with not cranking the tbar, not installing the timbrens. and just leaving it alone?
    truck drops half a inch with plow, will ride better without the timbrens. sounds good to me.'

13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

My brother has two 2500HD SB/CC Duramax trucks, one is a 06 and the other is an 07. Both have 9' Hiniker scoops on them and neither one of them sags more than .5 inches when the plows are lifted.
    Its my understanding that they used two different T-bars on the duramax trucks which may expain why some sag more than others.

If I were you I wouldnt touch it... let it be

14. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

My 07 droped 4" when I raised my plow(Hiniker 8' poly). I have the dmax which is alot heaver then the gasses...that may make a difference. If u do crank the t-bars up, be carefull not to go to far as the stock shocks are too short to handle the extra height.
    You can put shock extenders on or new aftermarket shocks like bilstens......ussmileyflag