1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500 Quad CTD Mileage info with 4:10 gears

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by roadrnnr, Apr 13, 2007.

1. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

I am probably going to get a New 2500 Quad cab tomorrow with the CTD and Auto trans. I really wanted to get the 3:56 rear end to help with the mileage but all the ones they have are 4:10 gears. I want to get one before the 5.9's are gone and this one is the only one I could find within 300 miles of me that will sell it for a reasonable price.

I am wondering how much of a difference the fuel mileage is between the two. I drive along way to work and every little bit might help. Just curious.

Thanks

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think it will make a difference on the highway if you drive fast, over 70. I would find one with the 3.54's or go with the 6.7 with the 6 spd trans as it offers a better OD gear for the highway.

3. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

I plan on driving this mostly off highway on secondary roads. I will not be pulling to much with it just plowing in the winter.

Damn I want this truck but the differance between 16 mpg and 24,(What I have read here) is a deal breaker.

Why do they put the 4.10 in so many damn models?

Any one have a 4.10 that drives it only off highway mostly that can give me some real numbers?

Thanks,

4. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

To my knowledge, the 3.54 gears are not offered in the 3rd gen CTD's, only 3.73 and 4.10's. I have the 4.10 gears and auto trans in my 04.5 2500 CTD and with 35" tires I averaged about 16mpg all around. If you keep the RPM's under 2k you should get pretty good fuel mileage. Just remember also that you won't see good numbers until after the motor breaks in a little, after about 10k. Good luck with the new truck.

5. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I ended up spending a little more than I wanted to on Saturday and got the one my Dealer friend had on his lot. It has everything I wanted, the stock rear end, LSD, and he gave me the plow, New Fischer 8' Snow Guard, with MM that was installed already for his cost.

Also has that Uconnect Blue tooth thing. What a blast talking to the mirror. Surprising how well that works.

So far 778 miles on the beast And man I love this truck!

What a Beauty:redbounce