1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by racer47, Apr 25, 2014.

1. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

new to me 07 Silverado 2500 hd cruse button lights up but don't engage, and got service trailer brake message coming up I have check all fuses .don't no much about the newer trucks .it has trailer brake package from the factory .any help would be great .thanks in advance

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Take it to a shop and have codes scanned

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try Google?

4. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I'm sure it's something with abs system just need the codes to help

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Look ay the trailer plug out back for corrosion.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Also check that your brake lights are disengaging. I had the switch on my pedal go and the brake lights stayed on periodically, it prevented the cruise from engaging.

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

had back drivers side caliper sticking ,replaced both calipers and pads ,didn't fix, changed brake switch .now working .still have service trailer brake system and service tire monitor system coming on, going to take to chevy dealer Monday I guess .hate to, trying to save for new wide out or prodigy,thanks for all your help .I will let you guys no whats going on .I had a guy check for codes he said their was none .wanted me to bring back Monday he thought it had a bad trailer brake module

8. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Regular scanner won't pull body/abs codes. Has to be solus modis etc. Dealer level scanner

9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

any mechanic with a good snap on or mac can read all modules and sensors...around here the dealers are taking any competitors coupons so its poss to save a few bucks

codes on older vehicles were ok to fix, newer ones need scanners to actively read sensors, parts are to expensive to just guess

10. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

took to dealer , 90 bucks to test . c1114,ck circuts found relay bad . replace relay,276.96 said only 1 tire sensor good, they wanted 340.00 to replace3 tire sensor .fixed recall for free, 09184. campaign 09184material over s d m . coughlin of Chillicothe ohio .. at least now I no its fixed and working. they said they have seen a lot of it with the bad winter and all the road salt . thanks for all help .276.96 to replace relay sounds out of sight to me ,but I needed if fixed I got to move a house full of stuff for my daughter this week:drinkup:

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

276 includes diagnostic to determine its actually relay. 90 was just for scan

12. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

276 was total bill .

13. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

276 - 90 for scan (1 hour)- 35 for relay. 151. Which is basically an hour and a half.

So 2.5 hour book time to scan diagnose and replace.

276 is fair