1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500 Classic - Timbrins?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by charlg, Sep 20, 2007.

1. charlg

charlg Member

I just bought an 07 2500 Classic with a new Fisher 8' HD plow (got a great deal!). Do I need to put Timbrins in? I only do about 20 driveways.
    It has a 6.0 gas / 3.73. Also, It came with stock 16" tires. Does tire size matter when plowing?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

You shouldnt need Timbrens on this truck with this plow.

3. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

On my 2002 with the same plow I turned up the torsion bars 4 turns and added 600lbs of ballast and it was acceptable. Timbrens are not required, but I did opt to put them on my 2005. It's up to you...they are not required but are cheap enough that you should consider doing it and they work excellent.

The stock tires aren't that good - but they should be ok with only 20 driveways. The stock size is fine for plowing, just replace them with something a little more aggressive when they wear out.

-Greg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  4. charlg

charlg Member

Thanks guys! :salute:

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I plowed with my 05 without Timbrens and with. My torsion bars where cranked up when I had the plow put on. The Timbrens made a big difference. I only put them on it the front last year. They helped while traveling. My plow didn't didn't scrape when I went over a bump. I just installed them in the rear to really keep the truck level when i put ballast in.
    There are times when I put my 48" mower in the back of my truck and the rear Timbrens help keep my truck stablized on turns.