1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 2500 Classic - burning smell

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by charlg, Dec 12, 2007.

1. charlg

charlg Member

I have less than 2k miles on an 07 2500 Classic that I bought new two months ago. While plowing less than 2' last week, I noticed a faint smell that almost reminded me of a clutch buurning (it is an auto). Even driving around, I still can still smell something burning. And, last night while backing into my driveway, I spun the back wheels on some ice and the smell was really strong.

Any ideas on what is going on??

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

burnt out clutch...:p:p

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I've had the same problem on my 06 to... Never worried much about it... Seems like for the first few plows every season its like that for a bit... Smell goes away after a few events tho... I dont know, I checked the trans fluid...everthing was good... never worried about it... hay, Its under warranty!!! :nod:

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Could it be the e brake stuck on maybe 1 or 2 clicks???????

5. pyro29

pyro29 Member

...or do you have traction control? I know that the vehicles with the option get it disabled with the 4WD engaged, but if you were plowing in 2WD, and spun the wheels, the brakes on the rear wheels would activate to control the wheel slippage. Could be hot brakes...that can smell like clutch, made out of the same material

6. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I had one this summer and noticed the smell on the rear wheel. Dealer looked - nothing don't worry about it etc. Well this fall pulling a loaded trailer i get out and the wheel well area is smoken. I lay under there and didn't notice anything. So I go to a locate gas station/service bay and the guy takes one look and say my rear seal is out. Told the dealer and sure enough - rear seal!

Not saying this is your problem but it was with mine this summer.