1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07-12 CHEVY STROBES......done the right way

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dissociative, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Did a few newer Chebbies.....guys all while about the headlights...was a cake install for me anyway...lots of guys skip the heads on these trucks...

look at the placement....doesn't get better than that...no going in from the side like a cheater..LOL....

[​IMG]
    went with some nice factory looking switches...in factory location....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1st truck.....4 vertex and roof top
    http://youtu.be/pIFwDu4_tic
    2nd truck.....8 vertex and 4 tir4
    http://youtu.be/Bg5G3ocnOX8

SEARCH WORDS...... chevy, silverado, strobe, headlights, 2500HD, vertex, whelen, gmc,

2. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

8 vertex what system was that
    looks really sweet.
    thanks for all the info i will be instaling after thanksgiving
    and yes have settled on 2 front marker lights and 4 in the rear for now.
    might order some tir 3 for the back window like you did with the ghost lights in the other chevy you did.

3. Dissociative

It's the Dissociative Special System

4. Ba as the norm with your work George. Would you want to do one of my trucks soon.

5. Dissociative

Immmmm, I will help anyone on this site who wants me to.

6. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

do you travel to rhode island? :(

7. Dissociative

I stuff myself in a fed ex oversized box and I cost 129.00 to ship.....LOL

8. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

if only! payup

9. Dissociative

FOR REAL.......i have been invited to several plowsite meets all over....and if you think we don't get to talking and screwing around with lights your mistaken....

host a meet....I'll drop by.....my family works for a HUGE airline company....heheheh so i fly for FREE..

10. J&J

J&J Junior Member

George .. Thanks so much for the information... Kool to see we were on the same page... :) Too bad there isn't more information on hand!

Very valuable when it comes to purchasing items from online manufactures and only having a GREY instructional to go by.. (which is worthless) save the trees!

Contact me anytime George!

11. LI snowman

LI snowman Junior Member

What did you have to remove to get the headlights out? The tail lights look like cake but everyone has different opinions about how to get the heads out. Looks like you removed the grill. Did you have to remove the wheel well liners and bumper fasica?

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. I want to put vertex amber lights in my 2011 GMC 2500. I want to put 2 in the head lights like you did and 2 in the reverse lights. I may add 2 to the 3rd brake light on the cab but I dont know how much of a PITA that would be.

Thanks

12. Dissociative

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  13. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Ah yes, the joys of working on vehicles.... last stint was 20 years as the owner of a specialty fabrication car audio shop. I see the need here in Calgary for a dedicated safety lighting shop, not that I wanted to dive back into 12volt but the industry here is huge and I was damn good at it.

14. Dissociative

I wish I could find a wallet to bank my skill set....both parties would profit great.

15. LI snowman

LI snowman Junior Member

Thanks. I guess I will try it. I was thinking about just putting 2 ( maybe 4) tir6 lights in the GMC grille. I looks like it would be so much easier.

How hard is it to run the wires up the the 3rd brake light? Do you have to remove the headliner?

If you were closer I would have you wire up my truck for me. I want the lights but I dont want to dump a ton of my time into the whole process. I guess I am just being lazy.

16. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

running the wirers up to the breaklite is relatively easy.. i just got done doing my set up today i could not run my strobes in the third break lite as there was not enuff room for the strobes i used but the vertex will go in nicely
    the panels in my canyon just popped off there was no screws to un do once you take the panels (if you have them) off behind the seat in the corners you can snake the wirers down theat part of the truck. just look at where the factory wirering goes.
    my truck looks great .

17. LI snowman

LI snowman Junior Member

I will have to take my light off and make sure I have enough room.

Thanks

18. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

no you do not have to remove the headliner
    thats why you use the vertex they are shallower then some of the other strobes. i would say about 5/8 to 3/4 max of an inch into the hole. im on the fence about ordering 2 vertex or doing four lin3 on the side of the truck 2 on each side or 2 soundoff ghost on the inside right behind the driver and passanger on the crew cab 1 on each side.
    my truck is black so the back and front are tit up pretty well now i have to get something for the side

19. Dissociative

Any strobe will fit, not just Vertex....

20. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

on my GMC Canyon they would not fit the third brake light is thinner then the full size trucks.
    beleive me i took it apart and looked