1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07-10 Chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JKuch, Sep 16, 2010.

1. JKuch

JKuch Junior Member

Im wondering if you guys that are running the 07-10 chevys are liking them?
    How are they holding up with the weight of the plows on them. Are you seeing any frame problems with them. Not sure what were gonna buy so just checking.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2007 OBS 3500 with a dump box. I am running a Western MVP Plus 8'6" with wings. Have used it for the last 2 years with no problems at all. I also have a 2009 CCSB with an 810 Blizzard on it. Last year was the first year plowing and we really didn't get that much snow. No problems so far.

Both trucks have a Duramax.

3. JKuch

JKuch Junior Member

Im gonna buy something here in the next few weeks. I just want to make a good choice.
    I know both Ford and Chevy are good. I just want something that people are using and holding up okay.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

01-10's are all basically the same frame. Since your from Erie and you'll be using it alot you might want to add some some gussets to the frame. Search gussets and you'll find lots of reading.

5. EXR

EXR Senior Member

x2 on the Gusset's. I had them done on my truck. Going to get new stronger tie rods from pro-tech installed this fall. I have a level kit in my truck as well.

No problems after last winter, which was my 1st winter with my truck. I too have a 8.5ft mvp. Too heavy for my truck with no mod's..

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Most 01 and up 2500s with the VYU plow prep have the gussets installed. My 01/04/07s had /have them.
    They are easy to spot. Do a search on cracked frames or gussets and have a look.

Make sure the truck has VYU on the RPO sheet !

7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

My 07 nbs and my nephews dont have them. Yes they have the plow prep on em..